Follow

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Skincare Routine

Hey everyone, for today's blog post I thought I'd share with you my skincare routine that I use every evening to try and get healthy, spot-free skin. The products that I use are mostly quite cheap and easily obtainable- so my routine is quite easy to replicate for your own use. Hope you enjoy!

The 5 Products

1. Bioderma

Firstly, I use Bioderma to remove all of my make-up. I pour some of the 'miracle-water', as I've named it, onto a cotton pad and use that firstly on my forehead, chin, nose and cheeks and then use another couple of cotton pads to remove the make-up from around my eyes. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I've not had one spot on my face since I've started using this product. I've written an entire blog post about Bioderma, so head over here if you want to learn more about it.

2. Boots Facial Scrub

The next product that I use is my Cucumber Facial Scrub from Boots. I first discovered this when I was getting into looking after my skin around two years ago. I was just looking for something that would do the job that I wouldn't have to invest too much money into. Turns out Boots did there own section of skincare products so I picked up a couple of things from there. To use this, I just squeeze a bit of the product into the palm of my hand and with my other hand, I scoop the product up and rub it on my face so that my skin has the white cream covering it. Depending on how roughly you rub it onto your skin, the treatment can feel quite tingly or you can feel nothing at all. I use it quite roughly so that I can feel the product working on my skin. I then rinse this off with lukewarm water and dab my face with a towel. After using the scrub, my skin feels extremely soft and refreshed. This product can be used daily on the skin, so no worries there. 

3. Boots Facial Wash

The third product that I use on my skin is the Boots Facial Wash. Again, I purchased this product with the scrub when I was first getting into skincare and I thought that if it does the job, I don't think there's any point in wasting money on something more expensive that'll do the job the same. I'm sure I'll buy something a bit more substantial in the future, but for now- this'll do just fine for me. The facial cleanser is squeezed into the palm of my hand and I pour water onto the product so that it's easier to apply to the skin. I then pick up the product with my other hand and rub it onto my skin. This just makes sure that all the makeup has thoroughly been removed from every pore of your skin. I then rinse that off with cold water and dab my face with a towel. 

4. Boots Moisturising Cream

The penultimate product that I use is the Boots Moisturising. This product doesn't have a fragrance and doesn't contain any nasty chemicals that can cause harm to your skin. I dab this all over my face and rub it in so that the product goes clear. It seeps into the skin quite quickly, so I don't have to sit there for ages until I can lay down, just in case it rubs onto the pillow. I'm thinking of trying out a few different facial moisturisers soon, so watch this space.

5. Clinique All About Eyes

Finally, I put a dab of Clinique's All About Eyes, which is just an eye cream that removes bags and puffy eyes the next morning. This is fab, because I often suffer with quite large rings around my eyes because I sometimes don't get enough sleep- so this does the job nicely. I rub that in around the eyes and leave that to seep into my skin.

So, that's my skincare routine. I hope you found that interesting, let me know about your skincare routines and perhaps any products that you would recommend. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers