Follow

Friday 27 July 2012

Review | Bioderma Hype

A couple of weeks ago, I went on holiday to Normany (a region in Northern France that was host to the D Day landings during World War 2) with my parents to celebrate the end of my GCSE's. A very historical place if I do say so myself. We visited the American cemetery, drove across the Pegasus Bridge and much more cultural things that if you lived in Normandy you'd say "Well, we've always lived so close but we never actually went to all these places that seem to be on our doorstep". 
           Anyway- as we were staying at a campsite, we had to go to the local supermarket every three or four days to stock up on food, which I was chuffed about, because it meant that we could buy lots of lovely food goodies that were definitely not allowed on my not-so-strict diet. Attached to the supermarket, there was a pharmacy that sold all of those french brands that you'd struggle to get in the UK besides L'Occitane. One of those brands was the highly praised Bioderma. When I saw the 'Sensibio H20' (water-based make-up remover to you and me) I decided that it would be rude for me to not purchase the product that every beauty vlogger has been raving about for the past few months. 


So here it is, my 500ml bottle of the stuff. As you can see, considering I've had it for three or so weeks, I haven't used that much of it. I use make-up pretty much every day, so as you can see from the remaining liquid in the bottle- I don't need that much product to get my make-up off my face. This bottle cost me €17.30, which would be the equivalent to about £14 or so. 
Now, let's get down to the knitty gritty. I'm sure you're all aware of how to use liquid make-up remover (pouring it onto a cotton pad and gracefully swiping it all over your face until all the makeup comes off) and it does the job pretty well if I do say so myself. I've had problems in the past with makeup removers leaving me with a huge break-out of spots all over my face, but it's safe to say after using this product daily that it's not given me one spot on my face and has helped remove some of the other (rather spotty) damage caused by another product. Bioderma contains zero alcohol (I can't stress how important this is. Some alcohol in beauty products can cause havoc to oily skin and can leave you susceptible to skin damage.) and doesn't cause any irritation to my face whatsoever, which I'm very pleased about. It basically feels like you've put your cotton pad in some miracle water and all your makeup is coming off with one swipe. Granted, it does mean I have to use three or four cotton pads every time I'm removing all the make-up from my face (the cotton pad companies thrive off my business with them), but that could just be because my face is rather large or I wear too much makeup, one or the other. 
The product on the left, Clinique's 'take the day off'' make-up remover is absolutely amazing at removing foundation, eye makeup, waterproof mascara and all the jazz, but after using it continually for three-four days, I broke out hideously all over my face. Bioderma hasn't graced my face with one blemish after using it, although it might take a couple more cotton pads than the Clinique product.
I think the best place to pick up a 500ml bottle of Bioderma (apart from in France) would be on eBay. Here's a highly recommended seller of the stuff. Also, slightly cheaper than what I payed, so definitely where I'll be purchasing my next bottle from.
All in all, I'm officially a lover of Bioderma's make-up remover and I highly recommend it to anyone with skin. Yes, with skin.

Let me know what your opinions are on Bioderma or perhaps what you use as an alternative.
Enjoy the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers