Follow

Saturday 10 November 2012

My Gym Essentials!

Going to the gym is a very taxing thing and doesn't really give you many rewards immediately, but it's important if you want to be healthy, slimmer and better and sport. Sadly, I'm one of those people that eat the regular amount and still put on weight- so I joined the gym. It's very difficult to stay motivated because it is definitely one of those things that you can get really tired of if you aren't seeing much difference in your body or health. So, I thought, why not make a post on things that you should take with you to make the gym a little bit easier and speed the hour or so up? So that's exactly what I'm going to do.
 

Okay, so it's no secret. The majority of us whilst at the gym, sweat most profusely. Sweating, whilst completely normal, is still really off-putting and makes you self-conscious! I always take a small towel with me that I can use to dab my face if I'm finding that it's covered in unwanted beads of perspiration and interrupting my running. It also feels nice if you've got dry skin so that nothing is interfering with your running and you don't have water pouring off you, making you look like a fountain!
 
 
  I always take a bottle of water with me to the gym. It's important to make sure you're hydrated when you're exercising because you lose so much of your bodies fluid when you sweat, so taking a bottle of water and drinking throughout your exercise regime is key. I make sure that when I get water bottles, the lid is easy to lift off- you don't want to be running and then realizing you need a drink so you're struggling trying to unscrew the lid to take a sip! Having a flip off lid means that you don't have to struggle and you don't have to stop to have a drink, so you don't lose focus!
 
 
This is a two-in-one deal. I always take my iPhone because I can access 3G- which means that I can access the internet whilst out and about, so I don't have to connect to wifi. Some gym's do have free wifi for their customers- so make sure you ask! This is useful because you'll be able to read blog posts, watch videos and do everything that you normally do on the internet- just via your phone! Also, if you don't have 3G/Wifi available, you can listen to music on your phone/ipod and play games (if you're cycling!) which makes the time that you're at the gym for go a lot quicker! Headphones are essential for me, as my gym has a choice of television programs you can watch whilst you're working out- so I just plug those in and watch the program whilst I'm running or cycling etc. They're also useful if you just want to listen to your music on your phone/ipod. Also, if you don't fancy wearing a watch to the gym, your phone/ipod can show you the time- so if you're leaving at a specific time, you won't get caught up in working out and you'll remember.
 
So, a bit of a strange post today. I hope that you enjoyed reading! Don't forget to follow this blog if you want to read more! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers